Posted in anusara, anusara themes, community, teaching yoga, yoga, yoga mentor, yoga resources, yoga teacher support, yoga teaching advice, tagged advice, elsie escobar, hillary rubin, how to be a better yoga teacher, how to teach yoga, nicole ghastin, yoga mentor, yoga teacher expression, yoga teacher support, yoga teacher training on March 2, 2010|
3 Comments »
New Yoga Teacher Talks To a Couple of Seasoned Ones 🙂
This episode was recorded in June! I know. Late. It’s a really great episode though. Thrilled to finally be getting it to you. Listen up as we chat it up with our first guest on the podcast!!!!! Wooo hooooo!!!
Disclaimer: So given the fact that this episode was recorded a while ago….*cough* 9 MONTHS AGO, much has changed in all the participants lives. It would be kinda cool to get together and go at it again, touching on the what we spoke about 😀 Perhaps we can even have new folks join us!
Here are our show notes
- Nicole Ghastin
- You finished your yoga teacher training then what?
- Actors as yoga teachers, are you giving up your craft?
- What was your experience after finishing your teacher training?
- Labeling yourself: Do you choose to align with a specific label? Who are you?
- Attachment and detachment
- Re-Inventing yourself, and re-finding who you are
- What if you are not *just* a yoga teacher?
- Being a yoga teacher is not just working at a studio and doing privates: How do you grow yourself?
- How do you get your juice going when you don’t want to teach? How do you stay inspired?
- In what ways do themes help you teach.
- Yes, we talk about Naime Jezzeny…..again 😉
- How do you evolve as a yoga teacher? More than a yoga teacher
- Hillary’s Post about Fear
- Mudra Moments FB group
How about giving us some feedback
mudramoments (at) gmail (dot) com
310 651 6238
If you want to be on the show, please let us know! email or call us!
Read Full Post »
Posted in podcasts, teaching yoga, yoga, yoga mentor, yoga podcast, yoga resources, yoga teacher support, yoga teaching advice, tagged Add new tag, anusara yoga, beginning yoga, beinjoy mats, douglas brooks, elsie escobar, hillary rubin, jade yoga mats, lake rahasya, mudra moments, prison yoga, yoga, yoga teacher tips on April 14, 2008|
2 Comments »
- Hillary and Elsie have been Livin’ La Vida Mudra 🙂
- All about teaching beginners addressing Heather Thompson Vandermyde’s question from Duck Yoga
- What is your niche as a yoga teacher?
- What is your area of expertise as a yoga teacher? Become and expert
- What is is that you care about in the yoga world?
- What do you bring to yoga as a teacher?
- Turn into yourself and go back to the beginning, in order to teach beginners.
- What constitutes a beginners class?
- Using therapy and incorporating it some of it in beginners classes, get creative!
- Doug Keller
- Themes are so necessary and empowering for a beginner student
- It’s challenging to teach beginners as it really requires that you step into actually teaching
- Do you teach your class, or do you lead your class?
- How do we get to better our game? (Teaching Yoga)
- Visualize yourself teaching
- Mentor or model yourself under someone
- Take a retreat with us: Hillary and Elsie! Mudra Moments retreat 😀
- Lake Rahasya- the retreat house rocks – see it on the side here!
- Douglas Brooks
- Elsie’s missing the yoga kula
- Pittsburgh’s yoga community rocks!
- Jade Yoga
- Elsie’s favorite Beinjoy Mat
- Getting Elsie to teach in Pittsburgh
- Hillary’s subbing/assisting tips for help onto a schedule
Would love an iTunes review folks! And don’t forget to sign up for our Retreat! It’s going to be amazing!!!
email us at email@example.com 🙂
Read Full Post »