New Yoga Teacher Talks To a Couple of Seasoned Ones
This episode was recorded in June! I know. Late. It’s a really great episode though. Thrilled to finally be getting it to you. Listen up as we chat it up with our first guest on the podcast!!!!! Wooo hooooo!!!
Disclaimer: So given the fact that this episode was recorded a while ago….*cough* 9 MONTHS AGO, much has changed in all the participants lives. It would be kinda cool to get together and go at it again, touching on the what we spoke about
Perhaps we can even have new folks join us!
Here are our show notes
- Nicole Ghastin
- You finished your yoga teacher training then what?
- Actors as yoga teachers, are you giving up your craft?
- What was your experience after finishing your teacher training?
- Labeling yourself: Do you choose to align with a specific label? Who are you?
- Attachment and detachment
- Re-Inventing yourself, and re-finding who you are
- What if you are not *just* a yoga teacher?
- Being a yoga teacher is not just working at a studio and doing privates: How do you grow yourself?
- How do you get your juice going when you don’t want to teach? How do you stay inspired?
- In what ways do themes help you teach.
- Yes, we talk about Naime Jezzeny…..again
- How do you evolve as a yoga teacher? More than a yoga teacher
- Hillary’s Post about Fear
- Mudra Moments FB group
How about giving us some feedback
mudramoments (at) gmail (dot) com
310 651 6238
If you want to be on the show, please let us know! email or call us!
Posted in anusara, anusara themes, community, teaching yoga, yoga, yoga mentor, yoga resources, yoga teacher support, yoga teaching advice | Tagged advice, elsie escobar, hillary rubin, how to be a better yoga teacher, how to teach yoga, nicole ghastin, yoga mentor, yoga teacher expression, yoga teacher support, yoga teacher training | 2 Comments »
It has been 1 YEAR since we published our last episode, goodness me! But….WE’RE BACK!!!
Hillary and I FINALLY got together and recorded a new episode (In fact, we recorded two…) Hillary was at home, and I was taking a walk with my lovely little Hunter Rose. We look forward to stepping into Mudra Moments again, as we have so much to share!
It would really mean a lot of you guys shared Mudra Moments with new teachers and gave us a little review in iTunes
As always this yoga themed podcast we address many topics that touch the yoga teacher:
- Where in the world have we been? A quick catch up
- Finding time for asana practice as a yoga teacher
- Hillary gives Elsie some helpful feedback regarding optimal pacing while teaching her yoga class.
- Providing an opportunity for your yoga students to grow with you.
- Discussion about teaching to a wide range of students in one yoga class.
- A question from Lina from Malaysia regarding the jargon of ‘inner and outer spiral’. (Send us feedback and share the way that YOU teach it!)
- Getting deeper into the themeing to teach the Alignment Principles
- Elsie discusses teaching yoga as a new Mommy.
- Letting go of control and just co-participating
- Hillary goes to pottery class and reconnects with the beginner mind.
- The new yoga experience for Elsie.
- Creating something out of nothing.
- Rebranding Yourself (much more coming up about this!)
Links and Products mentioned:
- leave us a message on Facebook
- Call us! 310 651 6238
We look forward to hearing from you!!!
Posted in Uncategorized | 1 Comment »
Please fill out our survey!!!!
Posted in anusara, podcasts, teaching yoga, yoga, yoga mentor, yoga philosophy, yoga podcast, yoga practice, yoga resources, yoga teacher support, yoga teacher training, yoga teaching advice | Tagged hillary rubin, pregnant yoga, yoga dvd, yoga teacher advice, yoga teachers | 5 Comments »
- Hillary and Elsie have been Livin’ La Vida Mudra
- All about teaching beginners addressing Heather Thompson Vandermyde’s question from Duck Yoga
- What is your niche as a yoga teacher?
- What is your area of expertise as a yoga teacher? Become and expert
- What is is that you care about in the yoga world?
- What do you bring to yoga as a teacher?
- Turn into yourself and go back to the beginning, in order to teach beginners.
- What constitutes a beginners class?
- Using therapy and incorporating it some of it in beginners classes, get creative!
- Doug Keller
- Themes are so necessary and empowering for a beginner student
- It’s challenging to teach beginners as it really requires that you step into actually teaching
- Do you teach your class, or do you lead your class?
- How do we get to better our game? (Teaching Yoga)
- Visualize yourself teaching
- Mentor or model yourself under someone
- Take a retreat with us: Hillary and Elsie! Mudra Moments retreat
- Lake Rahasya- the retreat house rocks – see it on the side here!
- Douglas Brooks
- Elsie’s missing the yoga kula
- Pittsburgh’s yoga community rocks!
- Jade Yoga
- Elsie’s favorite Beinjoy Mat
- Getting Elsie to teach in Pittsburgh
- Hillary’s subbing/assisting tips for help onto a schedule
Would love an iTunes review folks! And don’t forget to sign up for our Retreat! It’s going to be amazing!!!
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted in podcasts, teaching yoga, yoga, yoga mentor, yoga podcast, yoga resources, yoga teacher support, yoga teaching advice | Tagged Add new tag, anusara yoga, beginning yoga, beinjoy mats, douglas brooks, elsie escobar, hillary rubin, jade yoga mats, lake rahasya, mudra moments, prison yoga, yoga, yoga teacher tips | 2 Comments »
Please email us! email@example.com
contact us via Facebook and Join our Mudra Moments group
You are also more than welcome to give us a review in iTunes
Posted in anusara, anusara themes, community, podcasts, society & culture, teaching yoga, yoga, yoga mentor, yoga philosophy, yoga podcast, yoga practice, yoga resources, yoga styles, yoga teacher support, yoga teacher training, yoga teaching advice | Tagged anusara yoga certification, RYT, yoga alliance, yoga certification, yoga teacher certification | 4 Comments »
Welcome to another episode!
Given some of the subject matter I thought this was an appropriate video
Oh and this is Hillary’s Video that she talks about Yoga and Technology!
In this yoga podcast:
- Shout-out to Leanne
- get involved in the conversation…WITH US
- Things don’t just happen. You need to do the work.
- The business of yoga
- Writing your bio
- Yoga and technology, why is it important?
- Marketing yourself; use your gifts
- Namaste interactive
- Vista Print
- Constant Contact
- More yoga teaching tips to get yourself out there!
- Guerrila Yoga and Brian Kest Power Yoga
- Lululemon Ambassador Program
- Adapt, adapt, adapt You never know who’s going to come to class
- Moo Cards!
- Bartering your services
- Adjustments: Is touching a student necessary? What is the intention?
- What kind of touching is going on in yoga class…
- Teacher/student crushes: How do you handle them? Hillary puts me on the spot!!!)
- Can you marry your students?
- Wanna be on Mudra Moments? Listen to the end of the show to find out how!
Contact us!!!! firstname.lastname@example.org
join our Facebook Mudra Moments Group
Posted in anusara, anusara themes, community, podcasts, society & culture, teaching yoga, video, videos, yoga, yoga mentor, yoga philosophy, yoga podcast, yoga practice, yoga resources, yoga teacher support, yoga teacher training, yoga teaching advice | 1 Comment »
Leave Us Feedback Please!!!! 206 333 0229
Mentioned in this free yoga podcast for yoga teachers by yoga teachers:
Leave us Feedback!!! please
and of course review us in iTunes
Posted in anusara, anusara themes, community, Elsie's Favorites, Hillary's Favorites, Our Other Podcasts, podcasts, society & culture, teaching yoga, yoga, yoga mentor, yoga philosophy, yoga podcast, yoga practice, yoga resources, yoga styles, yoga teacher support, yoga teaching advice | Tagged anusara yoga, anusara yoga teachers, douglas brooks, how to be a better yoga teacher, how to teach yoga, skillful yoga teaching, teaching yoga, why to teach yoga, yoga journal, yoga kula, yoga mentoring, yoga teachers, yoga teachers support | 1 Comment »
Older Posts »